10.17.2012

The Catch 22 of My Job

'The Shift' is still staunchly in the air at my work. Its like the big elephant in the room for me that no one else sees. -yes I know that isn't what the elephant in the room theory suggests

I've had a lot of great news, and am curious is that is what 'The Shift' is. Things with work might be changing and I'm super excited about them. This is what has been happening at work lately.

I have the opportunity to manage our office. Which includes 3 administrative assistants and a bunch of insurance agents. Yay me! In all seriousness I love it, but its wearing. One of the ladies is our Case Designer She has worked with the company for a little over a year. Our Underwriter has been here since about July and our newest Receptionist started Monday. I have a soft heart for these ladies. I work with them everyday and like to not only build the work relationship I have with them, but in turn have a separate personal relationship. I've been having time issues with my Underwriter. She just can't get here when she is supposed to be. We've chatted. Its been corrected and then she falls back into it.

Today, we had a good discussion on why she is continuously late. Her personal side is heavy for her. We chatted about what her responsibilities are and how that effects her position. All ended well. Then on a personal note, I said 'Underwriter' you know I am a Christian and I strongly believe in the power of prayer. I would like to pray for you. Not only will I pray for you but my household will pray for you. I believe in constant communication with Jesus. If we don't ask Him for the things we need, how are we to get them? She stated she believed in Him and the power He has. I'm not overly sure of that meaning, but she was appreciative of the fact that I would be praying for her. 

With all of that said, I wanted to reach out and ask for you to pray for her. Pray that she will be strong and lean heavily on the Lord for all her needs. That only through Him are all things possible!


Thank you my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!!