10.23.2012

A Joyful place

The last Saturday I woke up at 2:00am and finished gathering our belongings, packed them into the car. I went back inside and woke my other half and we set out on the open road at 2:30am. To reach our destination at 7:30am: Boise. 

I cherish these moments with my grandparents. They are such great memory making moments. Laughter, tears and laughter. They are refreshing to not just be our grandparents, but a brother and sister in Christ. Refreshing to talk with family and have that eternal connection with them. 

I'm not sure if its the smell of my Papa and Grandma's home, that just lets one know 'you are safe and sound here'. If its the smell of coffee first thing in the morning, the love of the Lord that surrounds their home, dessert time that is way past my bed time, or the prayerful words we speak to one another. If anything I know it is their love for Jesus that reaps thought their home. There isn't anything that can calm or comfort like that love. Though, who they are is what adds to that beautiful mixture. Drayton and I leave their home feel grounded and filled in our hearts. 

Then reality comes knocking on our doors. Life has to resume as if we never went up there. Seconds after we left their home, work flooded my phone. I was hoping I could just escape for one day, a mere 8.5 hours. if only, if only I knew today would be a fun filled day of catch up on the one day I missed out. Boy was I in for it.

It is days like today, that I pray that The Shift would smack me in the face and say 'HERE I AM' Today I feel like I just want to quit. I feel like I want to be done now and move on with all the exciting things that are happening in mine and Drayton's lives. I pray that I can be still in these moments and really listen to what I need to do. Even though, I feel like what I need to do is go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!!