9.24.2012

Fall has come

This weekend was retreat 2012. It was help up at Snowbird, Utah. I am a utahn, and I had never been up to Snowbird. It is stunning. Mmm, No breathtaking. The leaves were changing into fiery colors with the contrasting rock mountains.  

Retreat this year was a one nighter. Last year, our poor men couldn't function well with us being gone on a Sunday. So this year we came Friday went home Saturday. I would have loved to stay for another day and soak in all the beauty and people more. The event of retreat wasn't my most favorite this year. I felt a little rushed and unkempt through it all. Maybe I just wasn't in the right spirit of it all. My work week after all was pretty darn stressful. 

There are 3 things that I learned that I will forever keep with me. 

A: My insecurities lay only within myself. The people I wish to impress are the wrong people. I don't need to be 'thin' or have long flowing hair to please the one person who loves me no matter what. Jesus made me perfectly and the imperfect I see is a false perfect of the world. This is a hard one for me to sink in. I wish I could be a size 4 with long flowing hair. Riiiiiiiiiight, back to reality and the way God made me. 

B. I am called to be my husbands Help Mate. God did not create  us to be alone. He create women to be helpmates to their men. I am not called first to be a daughter, sister, friend or mother. I am called first and foremost to be a wife. And with that calling I at times need to be and do the things my husband may not be able to, but when he is...I need to be able to give them back and never boast about them. That one is an in-your-face statement, but its true. 

C. Even though your car is keyless, you still need a key to start it. Mmmkay, my car has a credit card fab. I just need that nifty thing in the car to start it. I don't have a 'key key' for my car. While up at retreat, in Snowbird, like an hour away from my house. Had my car parked by Valet. After several crazy people and lots of cars later, the man gave me my 'key' to my started Mazda. In a fluster of all the cars and people I threw (literally threw) my bags in the back seat. Jumped in the front and dashed down the canyon. My car thinks it is the smartest thing out there, and if it doesn't read that 'key' well. I have a light that sits there and flashes at me 'Key, Key, Key' I 99% of the time ignore this. When I saw it, what triggered in my brain was, "Oh I threw my phone in the back, where is that sucker. I've got to call my husband as I'm driving down a windy one lane canyon road!" So I reached in the back seat ever so cleverly and found my phone. Called the hubster and made my way home.
The second I drove into the drive, I knew something was wrong and I had to find the 'key' I promptly dumped my bags out in the livingroom and tore the car apart. Negative. They were gonners. I called the hotel, and Ford the gent who gave me the keys said he couldn't find them. After about 1.5 hours we gave up and figure a new key was needed. We were on our way out to eat when a phone call came. They found them down the road from the hotel. (We got this phone call right as we were coming up to the exit for the canyon) They found them way down the road. Not sure how that happened, but God was looking out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!!