3.18.2011

WHoooooooooooo Smells.....

My Owl does. She stinks as a matter of fact.

When I say Stink, I truly mean wonderful. Meet the Owl sachet. She is stuffed with yummy vanilla smells!
Even my puppy Grace thinks she smells sweet.
That is, until she felt her snoozing spot had been invaded by the owl.
So she nudged her off the couch. She's a sweet heart.

This was a fun little inventive idea. I have a lavender sachet in my pantie drawer. I saw it this morning and thought how darn funny it would be to have an owl hanging out in there.

She was easy to whip up and took me about 30 minutes!

You too can have a little owl hang out in your pantie drawer, or you know anywhere you would like to have a sweet smelling owl hang out. :)

Get the how to by going to the Tutorial page, or click on the picture below!



Until Next Time,
Peace & Love





Owl Sachet Tutorial

Things you will need:
Fabric
Cotton Stuffing
Potpourri, or any soothing smell you like
Buttons
Owl pattern

Step 1:
Cut your pattern out, leaving the wings attached. Pin to your main fabric and cut out.

Step 2:
Cut wings off of pattern, pin to wing fabric and cut.

You should have 4 total pieces

Step 3:
Pin your winds to the right side of the owl body. Wrongs sides facing.
 Step 4:
Sew the wings on with a thick zig zag stitch, or a quilting stitch. Don't sew the sides just the inside parts of the wings.
 Step 5:
Pick out some eyes. You can use just buttons, or white fabric, felt anything you have handy. I chose white fabric with some mismatch buttons.
 Step 6:
*Not shown in picture below.* I totally spaced to put a beak on the little fellow until he was all the way complete. So this is the point where you would sew a beak on her!
 Step 7:
Pin owl bodies together right sides facing and sew. Don't sew closed, you need a small space to turn right side out and fill her!
 Step 8:
Pull right side out.
 *Make sure you pull the ears out all the way
 Step 9:
Fill with stuffing. You don't want it to be big and round, but kind of flat so that it can just lay in your drawer. You also want to put your herbs, or scents in at this time.

Step 10:
Fold your raw edges in and sew. Vuala she's done!


Now just sniff



Until Next Time,
Peace & Love


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley, I love the cute little owl; your cute little puppy and your cute feet:)
    I am a new visitor and follower via Friday Follow. Oh I love the music too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!!