3.27.2011

The Thrift Tiered Tray

Most of you know I love to thrift. I have been on the hunt for a particular item. That idem would be a tiered platter tray, or a cake tray. 
I'm going to host some summer parties and I need some sweet food trays. Well, My hunt hasn't been successful at my local thirft store. When all else fails, make it right? This is what I came up with. . .
 $4.50 and an ample amount of Gorilla Glue Super Glue.... that turned into this. . .
My 3-tiered platter! Not only can you stack all three, but
You can just stack the two for a cake stand, or
Stack the base and the bowl for some chips and dip, or. . .
Separate them all and create 3 different trays!

I think they turned out quite lovely and completely encase my personality!
 I am such a fan of amber glass and I love how all these components came together! 
It would be lovely with all glass plates, mix and match to see what you come up with!
Check out how to make your very own in the Tutorial section, or click on the picture below!
Until Next Time,

Peace & Love

3 Tiered Platter Stand

Things you will need:

3 different sized plates, or bowls.

3 different sized cups.

Super Glue {I like Gorilla Glue Super Glue}


Step 1:


 Marvel at your thrift store finds!

Step 2:
 Flip your plates upside down. Get your largest cup and largest plate; find the center point on the plate and mark. Line the rim up the cup generously with superglue and place upside down on the plate. Do this with each of your plates. Gluing the medium plate to the medium glass, small plate to the small glass.
Step 3:
Depending on the glasses you chose, you will need to decide either to glue on the bottom of the cup, or the top. With my 2 top tiers I glued the bottom of the cup to the bottom of the plate. On the left, I loved how the lip of the glass flared out, and that is what I wanted to see, not the bulk of the bottom of the cup. On the Right, I liked the cup upside down is all! * I placed water bottles on top of each of the glasses to put pressure on the cups so they would dry evenly.

Step 4:
If you are going to stack your platters now, you will see that they slip and slide on each other. How horrible would it be if they tipped over with some delicious dish in them! So, what I did is bought the no-slid drawer liners from the dollar store. They were a mesh and I cut the individual circles out and glued them to the rim of the glasses. That way, they didn't slide on the dish, or when you put them on a table!
Step 5:
Have fun!














Until Next Time,
Peace & Love

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! Truly love this! And I'm a huge fan of vintage thrifted items. You have got it girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!!