3.15.2011

Hoo-Hoo-Hooray!

Owl week has me all twitter pated! Have I mentioned I love owls?


As I was creating an awesome little owl creation {I will post it tomorrow} I had an idea hit me. Ka-Bam! 
So, I whipped these little things up!
Owl Head Bands...
WAIT, Better Yet...
Reversible Owl Head Bands!
Who doesn't love headbands?



Say Cheeeeese and..

Flip your head band over!

They were a blast to make, and surprisingly really easy! I made 3 of them within 45 minutes! Here is another look, just to rub in how adorable they are!

I made a template for you all as well! Check the Tutorial section out, or click the picture below to get the full instructions on how to make these adorable reversible headbands!
Until Next Time,
Peace & Love
Reversible Head Band Tutorial:

Things you will need:
-Fabric {I used less than a quarter of each fabric}
-Elastic. {I like th knit better than the woven.}
-Fusible Interfacing
-Headband Template {Template is only half of the headband. Use the fold to get the whole headband}
{Click the picture to download. Should be 3X8.5X1}
                                                              


Step 1:
Pin the template to your fabric. Put the widest portion of the template on the fold of the fabric and cut. 
Step 2:
Iron fusible interfacing to one of the fabrics. Make sure you press it to the wrong side of the fabric. 

Step 3:
Trim off excess interfacing and pin the 2 fabrics together right sides facing each other.
Step 4:
Sew along sides leaving ends open. Turn right side out. 
-Tip for turning right side out. If you sew a piece of yarn, or string into the seam. Leaving it long enough that it comes out the other end you can pull one end to the other.

Step 5:
Press headband. Make sure your seams are lined up, once you press it, the glue from the interfacing sticks the fabrics together. Also, fold in ends so there aren't any raw edges showing and press these as well.
Step 6:
Cut 3 inches of elastic and insert 1/4 inch into the ends of the headband and pin.
Step 7:
Top stitch around the headband. I would go over the elastic 2-3 times to make sure it doesn't pull out.


Thats it! Its so easy! Enjoy!

*This pattern is not for resale, or the use of this pattern is not for retail reproduction. It is copy written under Our Traveled Road.*

Until Next Time,
Peace & Love




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!!