9.16.2010

crafty crafters

I have been so inspired by all the wonderful crafters out there. My thanks to google images. :) I was inspired to create my own head band and I did it! Yay! I made up the pattern and everything! Today has been eventful, I made 2 dish cloths, 2 scrubbies, a cool scarf, head band and flower. Now that I have the pattern down, I can make them in mass! Here is the pattern for all you crafty crafters out there!!
I used a size G hook.

Chain 8, Ch 1 and turn.
Row 1: HDC in each ch 1 space. ch 1 turn
Row 2-10: Repeat Row 1
*Row 11: 2 HDC in first HDC. HDC in each ch 1 space until end. 2 HDC in last HDC. Ch 1 Turn (12 HDC)
Row 12: HDC in each ch 1 space. Ch 1 Turn.
Repeat from * 2 more times
*Row 16: HDC in each ch 1 space. Ch 1 turn.
Repeat from * 15 more times
*Row 31: DC2tog. HDC in each ch 1 space until 2 ch left. DC2tog.
Row 32 HDC in each ch 1 space.
Repeat from * 2 more time.
*Row 37 HDC in each ch space. ch 1 turn
Row 38-43: Repeat from *
Row 44: 2 SC in first HDC. SC in each HDC until last HDC. 2 SC in last HDC
Finish: From row 44 SC along edge and join with SL ST. Fasten off. Join edges by sewing yarn between the two and weave ends into work.




















Then the flower pattern I used a size G hook as well.
(Leave about 1/2 -1 inch tail)Ch 47 (this is going to determine how big your flower is. So the longer the chain the bigger the flower.)
Row 1: skip 1 ch, SC in each ch space until end. Ch 1 turn.
*Row 2: skip 1 ch, *DC, ch 1 repeat from ** 3 more times. Skip ch 1 space SL ST and repeat from * until end.
Finish: Roll the scalloped end and manipulate it to look like a flower. Sew in tail to keep the look.


















TADA!
I had to share, and now I'm going to go have a craft night with my Momma!

















Until Next Time,
Peace & Love

2 comments:

  1. OOOh! The colors of your headband are great! Great job on making your own pattern, it is harder than many people think! I think I did mine to wide...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ashley now you've done it. You've gone and made me jealous! I tried crochet once or twice in my life. Let's just say it isn't my forte and leave it at that, eh?

    So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!!