7.29.2010

Paper

I have decided that if you put your mind into finding something, you will always find it at the D.I. I love that place. Since Monday I have been searching for paper making kits and they are all so expensive. So then I tried figuring out I could go about making a Deckle and Mold. [I'll explain what they are later] Well that was a lot of wood work for me, which is not up my alley. So I figured I'd use picture frames instead. So I went to the D.I. in search of two 8.5X11 picture frames and a buser's tub. Are you wondering if I found them? Yes, Yes I did. On average the paper kits costed around $30-$60 dollars. I created mine for less than $11. Two picture frames a dollar each. A Sterilite tub for a dollar as well. The most expensive piece to my project was the screen. Which was four dollars. Steal Right? I think so.

So I figured I'd blog about my paper making process, so here we go!

Step 1. Blended paper!








Step 2. Paper pulp








Step 3. This is a Deckle and Mold.








Step 4. Soaking up water








Step 5. Paper!








Then you have your final product! Paper! Its a fun process for me! You can flatten the pieces under a phone book. I made a couple of envelopes to go along with the stationary I made as well!











Until Next Time,
Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!!