11.14.2012

Comfort things

I think everyone has a myriad of things that are comfort items... things that just make you go 'Okay, right now, I'm alright.' I have a few of those things.

I'd like to say that those comfort things are in the 'correct' order. I'd like to have them be in the right order. I'd even like to loose a couple of comfort things.

Truth is, they aren't. I'm not. The first thing that is comforting to me, or that I want is my blanket. Yes I'm 25 and I still have a blanket....Yes it is basically see threw and has no distinguishing color. It is my comfort when I've had a really bad day. I still think it might have magical powers sometimes, that child like belief comes over me and I think it can heal whatever ales me.

The second, is food. whenever we weren't feeling well my Momma would make us a Mug O Noodles.

Its not something gourmet, or even the healthiest thing. But I know that it was something my Momma could get us to eat, and we loved it. I still love it. Literally noodles in a mug.

After I run to these other comfort things, I feel incredibly guilty is when I wish they were in the 'correct' order. So the truth of it all is my comfort first and foremost should come from Jesus. I wish I could be more habitual in going to Him first. I'm still learning, and am human. I want the comfort only HE can bring to me. I want to have child-like faith and completely trust in Him to heal me. 

I know He wants me too. He wants every part of me and I want Him to have it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!!