1.13.2011

Recycling Materials



When it comes to crafts, I have a hard time throwing away "scraps". I'm a hoarder of craft scraps ok? Since I hoard craft scraps -Say that 3 times fast- I was able to recycle and create a fun wreath. I was inspired by other crafters and was able to create this beaut of a wreath. It is an easy DIY, trust me. I was able to use some left over felt from some previous wreaths and a foam ring that had been lazily lying about.

Here is what you would need:
-Yarn of any color (you will use less than half a skein)
-Felt
-Buttons
-Ribbon
-12" foam ring
-Hot glue gun

Steps:
-Wrap the foam ring with yarn until its completely covered. Tie ends together when done.
-Cut circles out of the felt. Any size and color works great! Pinch the center of the circle together; this should make it bunch up. Depending on how big/small you want your flower, you will gather more felt at the base. In the center of the flower ooze a bit of glue to keep it together and garnish it with a button.
-You can make as many flowers as you please and put them wherever. :)



-Wrap the ribbon once around the now wreath and measure until your desired length; cut and glue. Cut another small piece (this will be your loop) Make a small loop and glue it to the top of the cut ribbon and add a button/flower to garnish.



See simple! This was my in between craft for all my other crafts that I'm doing. Yes I have not forgotten to blog and take pictures of them. They are all in the workings and should be done by this weekend.

Until Next Time,
Peace & Love

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! It'd be adorable to make a Valentine's day one with felt hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ma'm it is! I made a taupe one, but with red, pink, purple flowers and lace ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!!